Reclaim Your YouthDue to many different factors, breasts sometimes lose their perky, youthful appearance. For these patients, a breast lift may be the answer. If you wish to gain volume, Dr. Webb will also discuss the option of placing breast implants at the time of the breast lift. If no gain in volume is desired, Dr. Webb will discuss options for a breast lift without implants.
Consider a breast lift if you want to:
- Elevate sagging breasts
- Firm the breasts if they have lost substance
- Realign your nipples/areolas if they point down or to the side
- Bring back natural suppleness after weight loss
Factors that can cause breasts to flatten or drop include:
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: The changes that a woman’s body undergoes during and after pregnancy can permanently change the shape and elasticity of breast tissue.
- Weight Fluctuations: As breast tissue, which is essentially just fat itself, increases and decreases, the volume loss can cause flattening and sagging.
- Gravity: Larger breasts are particularly susceptible to this challenge, with greater volumes putting more strain on the skin’s elasticity.
- Time: The passage of time combines all of the above factors as well as the changes in your body chemistry that naturally happens as you age.